Wednesday 14 December 2011

It's written in the starz

Thank goodness for horoscopes


According to the reliable source which is Russell Grant I can expect the following to happen to me today:



CANCER - June 22nd - July 23rd 

Updated 14.12.2011
At long last, you're seeing some movement on the job front. Requests for interviews and work samples will pour in. Be open to meeting with potential employers, even if the position advertised doesn't thrill you. It's always helpful to brush up on your interviewing skills. The more you practice, the easier it will be to land the position you really want. The relief of making your way back into the workforce will ease the stress that's been building up. The resulting surge of energy will be exhilarating.

Having considered this it seems to me the horoscope indicates that I have already put in enough leg work to chillax, so I have decided to spend the majority of the day in my pyjamas. If I choose to get a little bit wild I may stick the heating on full blast, get the hula hoop out, get naked and create some obscene routines to Christmas songs.

Team Win 



I am also an ickle bit hungover today as "Team Win" kept up the magic last night and won a new pub quiz, so pyjamas and/or nudity seems somewhat mandatory.In Team Win there is a hardcore of three; betterthangoogle (he really is), thevoiceofreason (again he really is - anyone who can veto my ridiculous suggestions is already a winner) and me queenofcrapculture. Everyone else is a guest star. We have moved quiz venues - essentially because the last pub was a mix of lesbians and homeless people, which I was fine with, but the boys kept pointing out that this was not ever going to result in another kind of win if we became regulars. Mid-week hook ups? Seems unlikely to me, BUT WE DARE TO DREAM, and the whole pub quiz business only started as a way for us to meet up and have a laugh and now WE ARE WINNERS! So who knows? Maybe we could meet our future ex husbands/wives after 5 pints and pocketing £70. I know I would find such a meeting charming and alarming in equal measure.




In other news...



  • The care home campaign is thickening somewhat and has become awfully complicated.
  • I am still applying for jobs.
  • I have discovered that rapping and hula hooping at the same time is not a task which I find physically enjoyable.
  • I took a pint of Amstel back to the bar last night and DEMANDED my Strongbow and correct change. A new low.

No comments:

Post a Comment