Tuesday 10 January 2012

That Fitting Face

Adulthood Acne
I just went to the Dr and moaned about my skin (and suspected impetigo - he assures me it is not) and he told me that there were other people who had far worse acne in the scale of things. This made me VERY CROSS. I found myself saying "I don't care about other people. I care about MY FACE. I have never had spots or been told I have acne except in the last two months, so please, don't bore me with the details about other peoples' faces. What about my face?!"

I am just not sure he understood that I am shallow, vain, narcissistic, unemployed and arrogant. 

The reason this bothers me is that on that weird interview on Friday I actually sat there with a pus filled boil in the crease of my nose. I did my best to cover that bad boy up, but when I came out of the interview I pulled out my compact and it had well, caused a yellow crusty explosion on my face. Retrospectively I should not have complained that they looked unkempt and dirty. I feel my face will never fit as long as I am doomed with these little buggers cropping up all the time. 

In other news...
  • There is a man on-line who wants to meet me and come to the pub quiz. I am not sure about this, but the boys assure me they will behave nicely.
  • I have not heard back from the job interview.
  • I have booked myself into not one but TWO Job Clubs.
  • I have also arranged myself a personal trainer at the gym (I am the sort of unemployed person who despite my grim financial situation insists on trying to maintain my employed lifestyle).
  • I am seeing the smoking nurse and giving up, again.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment