Wednesday 23 November 2011

Bananas. B.A.N.A.N.A.S.Bananas.B.A.N.A.N.A.S

The context of the interview
So I passed the phone interview. The next stage was a presentation about a topic to do with enterprise education, followed by a panel interview and then a written test. When going over the interview process I remind myself  that it is in fact my first formal interview for 3.5 years. I have never failed an interview.I have always got every job I have applied for. 

Since unemployment began I have been turned down on the basis of my application for two jobs. Reviewing the person specification for both of them I can see I was more than qualified and experienced for them.They just did not like me.I don't like me at the best of times, so I can hardly blame them for this.

I ain't no hollerback girl, but I am bananas
 I chose to present on company marketing. Under the influence of previously mentioned younger sister I decided to take more than 20 bananas into an interview with me. I was hoping this would make me stand out and be unforgettable. The interview was on Thursday. It is now Tuesday. I still have not heard from them. Apparently it can make you forgettable. It can also make you certifiable. 

A bunch of losers, not a bunch of bananas
 Rejection, I learn is not so bad after all when you have a pub quiz team and a group of friends who are all having premature mid-life crises. They will welcome me with open arms and chants of failure. Plus a lot of them are unemployed too at the moment and so we can spend our days in between looking at job pages reading the supplements of broadsheets to fill the ever widening gaps of pointless middle class knowledge with the aim that one day we will win the pub quiz. We have in two weeks gone from 12th place to 3rd and then to 6th. Still failures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment